Posted by: Vivek Kumar
WhatsApp New Feature | Group video, Audio Calls for Android Beta
Every one of us uses whatsApp to chat and call. But it was limited to one person only weather you are on audio or video call. Now, WhataApp has finally rolled out with new feature of group voice and video calling for iOS, Android and windows smart phones. Now you can chat with multiple members over Audio or video, but the right now this member is limited to four including who have initiated the call. For Android Users this feature is available for Whatsapp Beta/Stable version, beta version 2.18.189, 2.18.192 while iOS users need to simply update their app to the latest version to avail group voice and video calling. The new feature is going to be available soon to Windows Phone users.
This Android group video and audio call feature was first announced at the Facebook annual developers’ conference
How to Use WhatsApp Group voice and video Calling Feature:
Using the WhataApp group voice and video call feature is simple. you just need to follow these simple steps:
- You just need to start a video call with a single user. Then the next thing is that you need to tap on ‘Add participant’ icon at the top right corner in the video call interface to add more participants. It will let you select participants whom you want to talk from your contact list.
- The person will be notified about the call along with the other participants, when you add a participant in the call.
- The video calling interface allows you to add only one Participant at a time. You can add new participant only when the previous one has accepted your request.
- The screen will split into four screens after all the four participants has accepted the call invitation.
- New participants can be added to group call only by the caller who starts the call.
With This New Features earlier whatsApp has also introduced several new features which enables users to delete a message sent and even delivered to someone. User can also detect forwarded messages now in the chat app. A forwarded label at the top of the message lets users know if it is a forwarded message. This feature could be helpful to do away with spam and fake messages in the chat app.
Many of these features were announced at the Facebook annual developers’ conference. If you have any App Development idea find an Mobile app development company USA like TechGropse that holds a good reputation in the market, expertise in iOS and world-class resources required to create a high responsive Android Application.